We’re looking for a results-driven Billing Specialist with experience in the health care and transportation, industries. Billing Specialist is responsible for overseeing the billing process for customers or patients. Their duties include processing payments on behalf of a customer or patient, maintaining organized financial records to aide reporting and calculating bill totals by reviewing financial statements.
Summary: The Billing Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of accounting support tasks that require knowledge of accounting principles and methods. The Billing Specialist will perform many accounting, customer service and organizational tasks to promote the financial health of their organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process claims submitted by transportation providers for non-emergency medical transportation services.
- Examine and validates the information on all mileage reimbursement requests (claims) from Medicaid members seeking payment. Claims must be thoroughly reviewed to ensure that there is no missing or incomplete information. Calculate the amounts of claims and complete a payment voucher to process a payment.
- Maintain files of source documents and other information related to accounting activities.
4. Searching each financial statement for any payment inconsistencies or errors.
5. Input payment history, upcoming payment information or other financial data into an individual account.
6. Calculate and track various company financial statements.
7. Create invoices and billing materials for reconciliation.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Attention to detail and ability to produce at a high level of accuracy and have the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to efficiently learn and utilize new software applications
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and experienced with Sage 300 is a plus
- Availability to work extra hours when the need arises
- Must possess integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Must be proficient in medical billing
- Be able to handle miscellaneous projects as business needs require
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and dynamic team player who is able to meet the demands of a growing business environment
COVID Vaccination Required--- Hybrid Opportunities
CTS offers a competitive, performance based, salary and fringe benefits program. CTS is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering.